The newly enhanced U-Motion II™ Acetabular System improves upon a previously proven design, offering more flexible coupling options that reduces risk of dislocation and improves the head-to-neck ratio to help prevent impingement.
These features combine to deliver uncompromising performance, stability and increased range of motion, especially in younger, more active patients.
Includes: Osteoconductive and biocompatible cup HA/Ti coating cups ; XPE liner with snap-in locking mechanism and unique crown tabs design for easy insertion and superb locking strength, choice of screw configurations and screw hole covers.
Pairing United Orthopedic’s UTF Stem Reduced™ hip implant, with the U-Motion II’s™ larger head, optimizes the head-to-cup ratio, resulting in greater flexion range, reduced impingement and a wider range of motion. Three screw-hole placement options (including 32° screw angulation) and choice of surface coatings, increase surgical flexibility without compromising cup fixation2. Other notable design features include:
- 52mm cup accommodates a 36mm head
- Optimised head-to-cup ratio
- Snap-in locking mechanism
- Unique crown-tab configuration
- Anti-rotation design
- Thicker XPE liner
- Various surface coatings
Intended for cementless use, the U-Motion II™ Acetabular System is designed for reduction or relief of pain and/or improved hip function in skeletally mature patients and younger, more active individuals who suffer from:
- Painful, disabling joint disease of the hip resulting from degenerative arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic arthritis or late stage avascular necrosis.
- Revision of previous unsuccessful femoral head replacement, cup arthroplasty or other procedure.
- Clinical management problems where arthrodesis or alternative reconstructive technique are less likely to achieve satisfactory results.
- Correction of functional deformity.
- Treatment of nonunion femoral neck and trochanteric fracture of the proximal femur with head involvement that is unmanageable using other techniques.