United Orthopedics in conjunction with our Partner Evolutis offers a complete range of shoulder replacement systems. As well as being optimised for each patient’s unique anatomy and condition, all of our shoulder systems address key surgeon needs so that joint reconstruction, range of motion, and kinetics may be restored.
The UNIC system is designed to address a wide variety of shoulder arthroplasty pathologies, while providing efficiencies in the surgical process. It provides treatment options for reverse and anatomic shoulder reconstruction, for primary, revision and for fracture cases with grossly deficient rotator cuff, helping the patient get back to the activities of daily life.
With the UNIC Shoulder system you can decide Intra-operatively which components to use as the use of the same humeral instrumentation and humeral preparation for various indications standardises the procedure and allows the surgeon to decide intra-operatively whether to use “primary vs. reverse” or “hemi vs. reverse.” All of which can be handled seamlessly with one set of instruments.
Design rationale, features;
- Well known principles
- Bone sparing
- Platform system
- Revision systems
- Delto pectoral or supero lateral deltoid splitting approach
- Elective and trauma adaptations
- Simple yet precise instrumentation (mostly only 2 trays)
- Extra small sizes available
Suitable only with the articular components of the Reverse UNIC.
The Revision glenoid base is indicated whenever the glenoid bone stock is fragile and/or demineralised.
- Cementless and HA coated only version upper screw plate can be bent and resected to adapt to the sub-acromial space
- Anatomic L or R design
- Up to 4 cancellous screws can be fixed in the basis of the coracoid
- Central anchoring peg available in 3 lengths
- Antero-distal “cap” enables graft stabilization and proper height positioning”